poniedziałek, 1 lipca 2013

Togo is a country in West Africa bordered by Ghana to the west, Benin to the east and Burkina Faso to the north. It extends south to the Gulf of Guinea, where its capital Lomé is located. Togo covers an area of approximately 57,000 square kilometres with a population of approximately 6.7 million. Togo is a tropical, sub-Saharan nation, highly dependent on agriculture, with a climate that provides good growing seasons. Togo is one of the smallest countries in all of Africa.

Did you know that:
1. The main currency of Togo is CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine), commonly known as Franc.
2. About 51% Togolese has indigenous beliefs, 29% follow Christianity and 20% Islam.
3. A typical Togo breakfast usually comprises of porridge called ‘aklui zogbon’, which is eaten with a doughnut-like ball called ‘botoquoin’. Lunch consists of chicken/fish with rice balls and tomato sauce, popularly known as ‘akoemhe’.
4. The official language of Togo is French. Ewe, Mina, Kabye, and Dagomba are other African local languages spoken.
5. The highest point in Togo is Mount Agou, standing at 986 meters, while the lowest point is at sea level at the Atlantic Ocean.
6. About 99% of the entire population is native African with over 37 different tribes. The largest amongst them are Ewe, Mina, and Kabre. The rest 1% population constitutes Europeans and Syrian-Lebanese.

0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz