Did you know that:
1. The Welwitschia Mirabilis, a fossil plant that can be found in the Namib Desert, has a lifespan that can reach 2,000 years.
2. Around 14% of Namibia’s land area is protected zone.
3. The largest meteorite shower ever, the Gibeon meteorite shower, was discovered in Namibia in 1838.
4. The longest cave system in Namibia is the Arnhem Cave.
5. Tsumeb Mine was once Africa’s richest source of lead and zinc.
6. Dragon’s Breath, located in Hariseb, is the world’s largest underground lake.
7. The Namib Desert is known as the world’s oldest desert.