Did you know that:
1. The Vatican has its own Post office and issues its own stamps. The Vatican mail system is widely used by Romans as in most cases is a lot quicker than Italian mail.
2. The Vatican's radio station is located in a tower inside the Vatican Gardens and broadcasts in 20 languages throughout the world.
3. The Vatican's railway Station was opened in 1930 and is mostly used for freight.
4. The Vatican City issues its own passports; the Pope, cardinals, members of the Swiss guard and clergy being the recipients.
5. The Vatican City is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the only site to encompass a whole country.
6. Italians are allowed to donate 8% of their yearly taxes to the Vatican (this is instead of paying it to the Italian Government).
7. The Vatican museums are over 9 miles (14,5 kilometers) long, and it is said that if you spent only 1 minute admiring each painting it would take you 4 years to complete the circuit!