Solomon Islands is a sovereign country consisting of six major islands and over 900 smaller islands in Oceania lying to the east of Papua New Guinea and northwest of Vanuatu.
Did you know that:
1. Solomon Islands were named after King Solomon de Mendana, the nephew of the
2. The official language is English though Melanesian pidgin and 120 indigenous
are also spoken.
3. There are only two seasons in Solomon Islands: dry and raining. The rainy
season is from November to April.
4. The world’s largest salt water lagoon is Marovo Lagoon and is situated in New
5. The world’s largest raised coral atoll is East Rennell in the Solomon
6. When people from Solomon Islands raise their eyebrows in answer to a
question it means yes.